Broad spectrum antimicrobial
100 mg tablet contains
Active substances: Oxytetracycline hydrochloride 5 mg;
Excipients (lactose, starch, PVP K30, CMC, aerosil, talcum, avicel, magnesium stearate) ad 100 mg
Oxytetracycline is an antibiotic with bacteriostatic action. Antimicrobial action is exerted by inhibiting protein synthesis, especially during growth period and active metabolism of the bacterial cell. Spectrum of activity is broad and includes cocci, Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, spirochetes, rickettsiae, large viruses.
Fowl (hen, turkey, guinea fowl, quail, pheasant, peacock, goose, duck, pigeon)
Romigal is indicated in the treatment of primary and secondary bacterial infections of digestive, respiratory, caused by oxytetracycline-sensitive microorganisms as follows:
– in hens (chickens, replacement youth, adult hens), against infections caused by Mycoplasma gallisepticum, Mycoplasma synoviae, Pasteurella spp., Streptococcus spp., Haemophilus paragallinarum, Borrelia spp., Campylobacter spp., Chlamydia spp., Clostridium perfringes, Staphylococcus aureus, E. coli, Salmonella spp.
– in racing and ornamental pigeons against infections caused by E.coli and Salmonella spp.
Do not use during the laying period if the eggs are intended for human consumption.
METHOD OF ADMINISTRATION
The product is administered orally as follows:
- in chickens since the first day of life: 1/2 tablet/chicken/day, for 3 consecutive days;
- in chickens with the age between 2 – 4 weeks:1 tablet/chicken/day, for 5-7 consecutive days;
- in older chickens and adult fowl: 2 tablets/kg body weight/day, for 5 – 7 consecutive days, depending on disease evolution.
Do not administer at the same time with aluminum-based antacids or products containing Ca, Mg or Fe due to occurrence of tetracycline chelating reactions.
Meat and offal: 28 days;
Eggs: 5 days
Bottles of 100 tablets.