Reagent for mastitis detection
Active substance: Bhromthymol Blue 0,2 g
Excipient (ethyl alcohol 96 %, deionized water) ad 100 ml
Cattle, goats, sheep
Mastitestro reagent is used for in vitro detection of mastitis and represents a convenient tool for assessing the animal’s health state and the quality of its milk.
- Draw 0.5 ml of reagent in a disposable syringe
- With the same syringe draw 2 ml of the milk sample collected in a clean vessel
- Fasten the protection of the needle and shake well but carefully the syringe
- Watch the change in color of the milk
- Interpretation of results: if color turns from yellow to green-blue a bacterial infection is present.
|Yellow-green||Negative = normal milk|
|Green-blue||Positive = mastitis|
|Yellow||Old milk, with high acidity|
Before collecting the milk for testing, remove the first spurts of milk flow and disinfect the teats with alcohol.
Brown vials with 25, 50, 100, 250 ml; disposable syringes of 2.5 ml containing 0.5 ml reagent