Water soluble powder
Broad spectrum antibacterial
100 g of Oxiteraciclină 50% contain:
Active substance: Oxytetracycline hydrochloride 50 g
Excipient (lactose) ad 100 g
Oxytetracycline is a broad spectrum antibiotic which acts by inhibiting the glutamic acid metabolism of Gram positive and Gram negative germs, large viruses, rickettsia, spirochetes. The active serum concentration is reached in about one hour after administration due to the relatively fast absorption. It crosses the placenta, being detected in pleural and cerebrospinal fluid.
Cattle, swine, sheep, goats, poultry (broilers, replacement breeders, laying hens)
Oxitetraciclină 50 % is recommended for the prevention and treatment of infections caused by active substance-sensitive germs:
- adult cattle: overfeeding indigestion and meteorism;
- calves, lambs and kids: in gastroenteritis, colibacillosis, pneumonia of different etiologies, calf diphtheria, omphalophlebitis, genital and urinary infections;
- swine: in pulmonary conditions, gastrointestinal infections, salmonella infections, colibacillosis;
- poultry (broilers, replacement breeders, laying hens): prevention and control of mycoplasmosis, cholera, colibacillosis, salmonellosis, infectious sinusitis of turkey and other infections induced by oxytetracycline sensitive germs;
METHOD OF ADMINISTRATION
The product is administered orally via the drinking water as follows:
- in adult cattle: 1.5-2 g Oxitetraciclina 50 %/100 kg body weight, a sole administration;
- in piglets, calves, lambs and kids: 0.30 – 0.40 g/10 kg body weight/day, for 5 – 7 days;
- in adult swine:12 – 0.16 mg/10 kg body weight, for 5 – 7 days;
- in poultry (broilers, replacement breeder, laying hens): 600 g/100 liters of water, for 5 -7 days;
Assess correctly the animal’s body weight.
Comply with the recommended treatment schedules.
To be supplied only on veterinary prescription.
Meat and offal (cattle, swine, sheep, goat, poultry): 10 days;
Milk: 10 days (cattle); 7days (sheep); 6 days (goat);
Eggs: 4 days
PET MET foil bags of 50, 100, 500 or 1000 g.