PROCAROM 2 %
Solution for injection
Local anesthetic, antispastic, vasodilator
Active substance: Procaine hydrochloride 2 g;
Excipients: (Sodium Chloride 0.5 g; Distilled water) up to 100 ml
Procaine is a local infiltration and nervous conduction anesthetic effective after 6 minutes and lasting for 1-2 hours, depending on the amount injected. The local anesthesia may be exceeded by association with vasoconstrictives (adrenalin).
It has moderate central depressing action on the motor areas of the cortex, on the vasomotor, respiratory, thermoregulatory centers and it has ganglioplegic, antispasmodic and analgesic action.
If administered by intravenous route it has antispastic and arterial vasodilator action.
Horses, cattle, sheep, goats, swine and dogs
For pain control by local infiltrations, in the troncular and epidural anesthesia (dystocia, prolapse, surgeries etc.) in horses, cattle, sheep, goats, swine and dog
Intravenous administration for treatment of arterial hypertension, cardiac fibrillations, coronary spasm and colic.
Do not use in animals suffering from hepatic failure, meningitis, in shock, allergic to procaine, etc.
Do not administer simultaneously with sulfonamides.
Allergic reactions may occur in cats.
METHOD OF ADMINISTRATION
For infiltration anesthesia, inject procaine 2% around the painful area or the surgical site, with 2-4 ml in each site.
- In cattle and horses:
– epidural anesthesia: 5-10 ml for upstanding animals and 10-20 ml for lying down animals.
– in colic: 10-30 ml injected slowly by intravenous route.
– in c-sections: infiltrate the anatomical layers at the surgical election site layer by layer, using 10-30 ml Procaine 2%, depending on animal size.
– anesthesia on nerves: inject 5-15 ml, as closer as possible to the nerve of the area.
- In swine, sheep and goats: for c-sections, infiltrate the anatomical layers, using 5 -15 ml Procaine 2%.
- In dog, infiltrate the anatomical layers, using 5-3 ml depending on size.
Comply with the recommended doses and treatment schedule.
Intravenous administration should be carried out very slowly.
Carefully administer in allergic animals.
Vials with 20, 50 and 100 ml.