Solution for injection
100 ml Roflavol contain:
Active substance: Cloprostenol 0.25 mg/1 ml;
Excipients (sodium citrate, citric acid, sodium chloride, phenol, water for injection) up to 1 ml
Roflavol is a synthesis product with very strong luteolytic effect. When administered during the luteal phase of the oestrus cycle, it causes rapid regression of the corpus luteum followed by the restoration of estrus and ovarian cycle.
Cattle, horses and swine and goats
In suboestrus or silent heat, persistent corpus luthea, ovarian cyst, chronic endometritis, piometritis, elimination of soak or mummified fetus, termination of an unwanted gestation and in biotechnological breeding.
Do not use in animals with allergy to the active substance.
Do not use in pregnant animals (unless in case of abortion).
Do not use in animals with underlying circulatory, respiratory, digestive or subcutaneous acute diseases.
Sometimes restlessness or skin rashes
METHOD OF ADMINISTRATION
Cattle: Roflavol acts only when corpus luteum is functional, namely:
– progestogenic corpus luteum, between 5-16 days of sexual cycle;
– pregnant corpus luteum between 5 and 150 days and after the 260-day of pregnancy
– persistent corpus luteum
The treatment schedule depends on the disorder, as follows:
- Sub estrus or silent heat. Animals in this category usually have normal ovarian cycle, but the external estrus signs are poor, transient or absent. After diagnosing of corpora luthea, these animals are injected with 2 ml Roflavol, observed for heats appearance and then artificially inseminated or naturally mated. Animals who have not expressed heats are gynecologically examined in the 4th day after administration and where internal signs of heats are present, proceed to artificial insemination or natural mating. Animals that have no signs of heats till the 11th day are injected again with 2 ml Roflavol and artificially or naturally inseminated after 72-96 hours.
Another treatment option does not require detection of heat and consists in 2 consecutive administrations of 2 ml product 11 days apart; 72-96 hours after the second injection, proceed to mating or artificial insemination, at the same date, without considering the signs of heat.
- Persistent corpus luteus: In cows and heifers with long term anoestrus diagnosed by pelvic examination, with persistent corpus luteus, administer intramuscularly 2 ml of Roflavol, observe for heats appearance and then proceed to artificially insemination or natural mating.
- Ovarian cyst. The luteal ovarian cysts (with thick walls) are disintegrated from the beginning by injecting intramuscularly of 2 ml product. The follicular and luteinized cysts (with thin walls) are first luteinized with a gonadoreline or chorionic gonadotropin based product and then disintegrated after 10-14 days with a dose of 2 ml Roflavol. After heats set in, proceed to artificial insemination or natural mating.
- Chronic endometritis, pyometritis: 2 ml product is administered intramuscularly and mucous-purulent eliminations occur after 24 hours and lasts 2-3 days. After 11 days of the first injection the 2 ml dose is repeated and heat appearance is observed. If the heat mucus is clear, clean with no flakes of pus proceed to artificial insemination or natural mating.
- Elimination of a mummified or soak fetus: In cows and heifers whose fetus is mummified or soak is intramuscularly administered a dose of 2 ml Roflavol. After 54-72 hours spontaneous elimination of the fetus occurs. Usually, it is retained in vagina and manual intervention is required to extract.
- Termination of unwanted pregnancy. In heifers too young or accidentally mated in pasture or improperly mated administer a dose of 2 ml product between the 10th and 150th day of pregnancy. The slink is spontaneously eliminated (usually in membranes) in 2-7 days after injection.
- In husbandry biotechnology:
- Synchronizing heats in cows and heifers. In cows where the ovarian cycle stage is known, the estrus synchronization is achieved by intramuscular administration of 2 ml Roflavol between days 5-16 of the cycle; when the clinical signs of heats appear, proceed to artificial insemination or mating. When the estrus cycle stage is not known, inject intramuscularly 2 ml of product at 11 day interval; 72 and 96 hours after the second injection (e. on days 14th and 15th from the first injection) proceed to artificial insemination, without clinical signs of heat (fixed term);
- Shortening the length of pregnancy. 10 days before the presumptive date of parturition, inject 2 ml Calving occurs after 36 hours. This treatment is mainly recommended in: narrow pelvis, primiparous females mated with bulls susceptible to overweight calves, etc;
- Inducing parturition: In particularly prolonged pregnancy in primigestae, in traumatic reticulitis and various accidents, after the 267th day of gestation, inject 2 ml Roflavol intramuscularly, in order to save the fetus. Parturition occurs in 36 hours after injection. Placental retention is often recorded.
Horses: the product is only active in a functional corpus luteum and is recommended to be used during the breeding season to treat anoestrus. Inject intramuscularly 1 ml Roflavol in mares with functional corpus luteum. Heats occur usually in 3-6 days after of treatment.
Swine: To synchronize the parturitions, a dose of 0.7 ml roflavol is administered in the 113th day of pregnancy (day 1 is considered the last mating day). Parturition occurs in most saws (>99%) during the next 48 hours, the peak being recorded after 24-36 hours.
Goats To synchronize heat, administer subcutaneously 1 – 1.5 ml Roflavol twice at 12 – 14 days interval. Heat appears 2-3 days after last inoculation. Under natural mating, use a male 5 times a day.
The product should be injected only intramuscularly, usually administered in the side of the neck or in the buttocks muscles.
The administration should be carried out only by veterinarian or under his supervision. Handling the product by pregnant women, people with asthma or respiratory diseases is forbidden. Avoid direct skin contact with the product. In case of accidental contamination, wash quickly with water.
Vials of 2 ml.