Broad spectrum antihelminthic
Active substances: Albendazole 10 g;
Excipients (carboxymethylcellulose, polisorbat 80, benzoic acid, distilled water) up to 100 ml
Albendazole is rapidly absorbed and distributed in all organs and tissues, causing the lysis of the worms regardless of the species or categories of treated animals and regardless of the location of parasites (respiratory or digestive tract, liver or other tissues). It is active against all of the developmental stages (eggs, larvae, adults) of flukes, tapeworms and roundworms.
The toxicity is relatively low; maximal admissible doses are 5 times higher than the therapeutic doses.
It is also active against some benzimidazole-resistant species of Haemonchus and Trichostrongylus.
Cattle, sheep and goats
Rombendazol 10 % – suspension is recommended for treatment of the following parasitic diseases:
- gastrointestinal strongylatosis induced by: Haemonchus, Ostertagia, Trichostrongylus, Nematodirus, Cooperia, Chabertia, Bunostomum, Oesophagostomum, Capillaria, Trichocephalus, Ascaris ovis and Neoascaris vitulorum;
- pulmonary strongylatosis caused by: Dictyocaulus, Protostrongylus, Mullerius, Cystocaulus, Neostrongylus ;
- cestodosis caused by adult forms of Moniesia, Thysaniesia, Avitelina with intestinal location.
- muscle, visceral and serous cestodoses induced by larval cystic forms of Echinococcus granulosus, Cysticerscus bovis.
- trematodosis induced by Fasciolla, Dicrocelium, Paramphistomum.
Do not use in animals with hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients.
In massive infections in calves, lambs and kids especially with Ascaris ovis and Neoascaris vitulorum, parasite death release toxins which can produce nervous phenomena manifested by ataxia, astasia, adynamia etc. Should you notice these effects, inform the veterinarian.
METHOD OF ADMINISTRATION
The treatment is administered orally using a measuring vial or a syringe without needle, which contains the required amount of very well homogenized Rombendazol 10%.
- In cattle: 10–15 ml suspension/100 kg body weight; the treatment should be repeated after 48 hours.
- In sheep and goat: 5–7.5 ml suspension/50 kg body weight per day; in gastrointestinal helminthiasis and gastrophylosis the treatment should be repeated after 24 hours.
Follow the contention rules. Administer in the corner of the mouth and then lift the head of the animals to swallow the medicine;
Avoid the following actions since they increase the risk of resistance occurrence and thus treatment could be ineffective:
- long-term frequent and repeated use of same class antiparasitics;
- underdosage as a result of inaccurate determination of body weight.
Shake well before use.
Make sure that the mouth of the animal contains no food before administering the product. The tongue of the animal should not be immobilized during the administration, but let free.
Do not use in cows during the mating period and in the first 45 days of pregnancy. Do not use in ewes and goats in the mating period and in the first 30 days of pregnancy.
Praziquantel and dexametazone could provide increased plasma level of active metabolite of albendazole.
Meat: cattle: 14 days; sheep: 4 days; goats: 10 days. Milk: 3 days;
PE bottles containing 100, 250, 500 ml and 1000 ml.