Solution for injection
Broad spectrum antihelminthic, acaricide
100 ml Romivermectin 1% contain:
Active substance: Ivermectin 1 g
Excipients (glycerol formal, propylene glycol) ad 100 ml
Cattle, sheep and swine
Ivermectin is a macrolide antibiotic lactone obtained by fermentation and chemically hydrogenation of Streptomices avermitilis. The product acts on CNS of roundworms and parasitic arthropods causing the paralysis followed by the death of the parasite by GABA mediated synaptic stimulation, which interrupts the nervous impulse. The product has no action against tapeworms and flukes because their synapses are not GABA mediated.
Ivermectin is active against some myiasis larvae (Hypoderma, Gastrophylus, Oestrus) and blood or detritus feeding insects as lice and ticks. The toxicity of the product is relatively low as ivermectin has no action on acetylcholine which mediates the synapses in mammals.
RomIvermectin 1% is recommended for control of endo- and ectoparasites in cattle, sheep and swine, as follows:
- in cattle: Trichostrongylus spp., Oesophagostomum radiatum, Nematodirus spp., Ostertagia spp., Haemonchus placei, Strongyloides papillosus, Toxocara vitulorum, Parafilaria, Thelasia, Dictyocaulus viviparus, Hypoderma spp., Haematopinus eurystenus, Solenopotes capillatus, Sarcoptes scabiae var. bovis, Psoroptes communis var. bovis, Chorioptes bovis, Ornithodores spp. and
- in sheep: Ostertagia spp., Haemonchus contortus, Trychostrongylus, Nematodirus filicollis, Oesophagostomum, Chabertia ovina, Trichuris ovis, Strongyloides, Protostrongylus, Oestrus ovis, Sarcoptes scabiae, Psoroptes comunis, Psorergates ovis.
- in swine: Ascaris suum, Oesophagostomum spp., Metastrongylus spp., Strongyloides, Trichuris suis, Stephanurus dentatus, Haematopinus suis, Sarcoptes scabiae, Trichinella spiralis.
Do not use in animals producing milk for human consumption.
Do not use during December–March period in cattle suffering of hypodermosis because killing Hypoderma bovis migrant larva found in the vertebral canal may cause paralysis and paresis of the host animal.
Some local reactions at the injection site may possibly occur.
METHOD OF ADMINISTRATION
The product is injected subcutaneously in the following doses:
- in cattle: 1 ml/50kg body weight, on the side of the neck;
- in sheep: 0.5 ml/25 kg body weight, on the average of hind limbs;
- in swine: 1 ml/35 kg body weight, in the ear lobe or abdomen;
In severe cases of scabies a second injection with Romivermectin 1% should be carried out within 7-8 days in order to destroy the resistant parasite forms (eggs).
Pregnant sows should be treated with 10-12 days before parturition in order to avoid the parasites infestation of the newborn piglets.
The boars should be treated twice a year and the sows with 10-12 days before mating.
Disinfection of the shelters in all the target species should be carried out simultaneously with RomIvermectin 1% treatment, using Romparasect 5% solution in concentration of 2ml/1 liter of water.
In order to avoid the accidents, namely the break of esophagus induced by Hypoderma lineatum larva and paralysis produced by Hypoderma bovis larva found in vertebral canal, the cattle should be treated, either before or after exceeding these larval stages.
Vaccination for anaerobiosis in sheep should be carried out before treatment.
Meat and offal: cattle: 49 days; swine: 28 days; sheep: 21 days;
Bottle of 5, 10, 20, 50 or 100 ml.