Solution for injection
Uterotonic and galactogen
Each ml of solution contains 10 I.U Oxytocin – post pituitary hormone of synthesis.
Main pharmacological action of the product is the uterotonic effect: shortening of the frequency and the contractions of myometrium and increasing of their amplitude. It acts also on the smooth muscle from lactating mammary gland, favoring the milk ejection. The action of the product begins in 5-10 minutes after the intramuscular injection and lasts for 10-20 minutes.
Cows, mares, sows, sheep ewes, goat ewes, bitches and cats.
- In all cases of difficult parturitions and in exhausted animals in order to enhance the expulsion efforts.
- In case of placental retention for the detachment and complete elimination of the fetal sheaths; to quicken the uterine involution
- In treatment of metritis, mastitis and post-partum agalactia in sows, for release of the residual milk.
In all cases of dystocia and impairment of delivery. Do not administer simultaneously with corticosteroids, vasoconstrictors, sympathomimetics and anesthetics, or in pregnant females until parturition.
Spastic contractions or even arrest of the parturition process, premature detachment of the placenta, bradycardia, arhythmia and even death of the fetus may occur in case of overdose.
METHOD OF ADMINISTRATION
The product is administered intramuscularly or intravenously, as follows:
- Cows: 40 – 50 I.U. (4 to 5 ml of Romoxitocin);
- Mares: 30 – 40 I.U. (3 to 4 ml of Romoxitocin);
- Sheep and goat ewes: 15 – 20 I.U. (1.5 to 2 ml of Romoxitocin);
- Sows: 20 – 40 I.U. (2 to 4 ml of Romoxitocin);
- Bitches: 2 – 10 I.U. (0.2 to 1 ml of Romoxitocin depending on the size);
- Cats: 1- 10 I.U. (0.1 to 1 ml of Romoxitocin depending on size).
Intravenous injection :
- Cows: 20 – 30 I.U. (2 to 3 ml of Romoxitocin);
- Mares: 10 – 20 I.U. (1 to 2 ml of Romoxitocin);
- Sows: 10 – 20 I.U. (1 to 2 ml of Romoxitocin);
- Sheep and goat ewes: 5 – 10 I.U. (0.5 to 1 ml of Romoxitocin);
- Bitches: 2 – 10 I.U. (0.2 to 1 ml of Romoxitocin);
- Cats: 1 – 5 I.U. (0.1 to 0.5 ml of Romoxitocin).
First administer minimum doses. After 20-30 minutes, if necessary, administer higher doses.
Administration of the product in parturient cow should be carried out after a careful examination of the uterine cervix that should be sufficiently dilated and the fetus should be in eutocic position. In parturient sows, Romoxitocin should be administered only in case the parturition interrupts after expulsion of 1 – 2 piglets.
Treated animals should not be stressed, since stress-released epinephrine can reduce oxytocin effect. Exogenous oxytocin is not recommended for milk production increase.
If administered at the same time with other products containing vasoconstrictor substances, hypertension can appear. Do not administer at the same time with products containing corticosteroids, sympathomimetics and anesthetics.
Meat: 0 days
Vials of 10, 20 and 50 ml.