Solution for injection
Anti-infectious, antitoxic and stimulant product
Active substance: Ascorbic Acid 100 mg
Excipients (Sodium bicarbonate, Sodium formaldehyde sulfoxylate, water for injection) ad 1 ml
Vitamin C (antiscorbutic) stimulates the reduction- oxidation processes in tissues and has antitoxic and anti-infectious action;
Vitamin C contributes to maintain healthy capillaries and bones by supporting calcium fixation; intervenes in wounds healing and in blood coagulation; it has desensitizing action and increases the efficiency of antibiotic treatment.
In all the target species mentioned above for the treatment of hemorrhagic, toxic and different post-surgery conditions, during convalescence, or as adjuvant in the treatment of infectious and metabolic diseases. Vita C 10 % can be administered as a food supplement during pregnancy and lactation, especially in calves that need an exogenous supplement of vitamin C via milk, during the first two weeks of life.
The product is also recommended in febrile conditions, in stressed animals, in ketonaemic animals, poisoning or exhibiting toxic conditions, in weakened, exhausted animals or suffering from skin diseases (rash, eczema) or allergies.
METHOD OF ADMINISTRATION
Inject the product intravenously (i.v.), intramuscularly (i.m.) or subcutaneously (s.c) once a day, for 2-4 days, as follows:
- Adult horses and cattle: strictly i.v. with doses of 5,0 – 10,0 g active substance/day, and 50 – 100 ml Vita C 10 % / day diluted in saline or serum glucose. In case of ketonaemia in cattle, up to 20 g active substance/day, and 200 ml Vita C 10% may be injected strictly iv.
- Colts, calves, sheep, goats and swine: strictly i.v. with doses of 0,2 – 1,0 g active substance/day, and 2 – 10 ml Vita C 10 % / day
- swine: i.m. 0,2 – 1,0 g active substance/day, and 2 – 10 ml Vita C 10 % / day
- dogs and cats: i. v. or i.m. with doses of 0,05 g, 0,25 g, 0,5 g or 1 g active substance/day, and 0,5 ml, 2,5 ml, 5 ml or 10 ml Vita C 10 % / day, depending on body weight
- Hen, turkey, guinea fowl, quail, pheasant, peacock, duck, goose: i.m. with doses of 0,01 – 0,05 g active substance/day, and 0,1 – 0,5 ml Vita C 10 % / day;
- Pigeons: i.m. with doses of 20 – 40 mg / kg / day, and 0,2 – 0,4 ml Vita C 10 % / kg body weight / day.
In case of intravenous administration, previously dilute the product in saline, dilution 1/2.
Comply with the recommended doses and the treatment schedule.
Vita C 10% solution for injection should be protected from light.
Do not administer the product together with sulphamides because the ascorbic acid can induce their precipitation in urine. The rapid intravenous injection can cause accidents in the treated animals.
Vials with 20, 50 and 100 ml.